Before I move on to my blog post, just wanted to mention a couple things.
- Today is the LAST day to enter my giveaway (2 free nights in the Newpark Hotel in Park City Utah).
- I was given the Star Blog Award and was interviewed on the amazing Blog Stylist website. I'm so happy to share this website with you! For all you other bloggers out there, you will just LOVE all the tips and information you'll find on here about blogging. Bree shares all kinds of blog secrets, inspiration and blogger success stories. Go check it out and see my interview HERE.
Last night I proudly watched my daughter eat a spinach salad (fresh from our garden), and some orange ruffy fish. You may think I'm bragging a bit, and well... I AM :)
To be serious, I'm trying just as much as all you other mothers out there. We all know that getting kids to eat healthy can be like trying to squeeze your butt into a pair of SPANX. Anything BUTT easy :) haha, gosh I'm funny.
My Favorite Breakfast
Today I wanted to share with you a little about why I love the Isagenix shakes so much, and as you can see my kids love them too. We all know what it feels like as a mother to see our kids eating and LIKING something healthy. I try to get my kids to drink half a serving size of one of these each day, and I add this too it as well.
BE A LITTLE SNEAKY
I've also been trying to sneak in this Flaxseed anywhere I can, yogurt, mac & cheese, salad ect.
Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its healthy reputation primarily to three ingredients:
* Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
* Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75- 800 times more lignans than other plant foods
* Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
Sometimes I'll even add spinach to the shakes, and amazingly my kids don't even know the difference when you add a banana along with it. The flavor of the banana completely overrides the taste of the spinach.
CONSISTENCY IS THE KEY
I've read somewhere that the key to getting kids to eat healthy is to try, try, and try again. Kids will usually turn their noses up to most anything new, unless it's dessert or candy of some sort. So with a little bribery and consistency, I've been able to get Lily to eat more than just mac & cheese and chicken nuggets.
When ever I make something new she's never had before, I tell her, all she has to do is take ONE bite. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to eat it. I will continue to make her try it each time I make it. She hated fish at first, but now she eats it without any fuss. For us, every Tuesday is fish day. We all know how healthy fish is, so I try to make it part of our weekly menu. I still can't get Oliver to eat it, but I continue to try :)
A LITTLE BRIBERY GOES A LONG WAY
It never hurts to bribe your child with treats :) The ONLY way I can get Lily to eat all her dinner is to offer a really yummy treat for finishing it. Works every time!
7 Reasons Why ISAGENIX IsaLean® Tops Other Meal Replacement Shakes
Just what is it that makes the IsaLean® Shakes superior to other meal replacement drinks? The no-compromise, quality ingredients! We’re bombarded every day by product advertisements for drinks that are filled with mediocre and sometimes suspicious ingredients. Companies might say the products help people lose weight quickly, but they’re lacking in nutrition and often unsafe and unreliable for long-term weight loss.
IsaLean Shakes are different. Isagenix uses only high-quality ingredients to create the perfect balance of protein, carbs and fats designed to boost metabolism and weight loss while preserving muscle and promoting health.
I’ve got the lowdown on why the nutrient-dense shakes top the competition and have helped hundreds of thousands of people to shed unwanted pounds and achieve optimum health. Join us in our million-blender vision and ask everybody you know to start the day off with the blender and an IsaLean® Shake, not the frying pan. They’ll boost their health, feel better and lose weight!
7 Reasons Why IsaLean® Shakes Beat Out the Competition
1. Low, Low Sugar. Our shakes have far less sugar than other meal replacement drinks. Try half the sugar than you’ll find in Slim-Fast Original Shakes.
2. Fill ‘Er Up. Our shakes have seven grams of dietary fiber to help you feel fuller, keep blood sugar stable and support heart and colon health. Other shakes like Myoplex® Original have half the fiber, which could leave you with a half-empty tank and scrounging for snacks later.
3. Charge Your Batteries. Our shakes are packed with 16 vitamins and minerals, which means you won’t run out of steam halfway through the day. IsaLean® Shakes have more vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, C, D, E, B6 and B12 than what you’ll find in Herbalife® ShapeWorks® Shakes.
4. Complex & Complete. Our shakes are engineered with the right balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fat, which boost your metabolism and help you lose weight.
5. Break It Down. Our shakes have the digestive enzymes many people lack in order to facilitate proper digestion and absorption of nutrients. This process helps to break down the carbs, protein and fat for maximum results.
6. Lose the Pounds, Not the Nutrition. Our shakes give you optimal nutrition, not just rapid weight loss. Unlike other companies, we use the highest quality ingredients, which produce the highest quality results.
7. Pure as Gold.Our shakes include the highest quality of whey protein, dairy farmed in New Zealand because of its purity and fabulous taste. It’s also antibiotic and steroid-free.
* How IsaLean® Shakes Stack Up Against Other Brands:
* Herbalife® ShapeWorks® Shakes — Isagenix has 3-times the protein and more vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, C, D, E, B6 and B12.
* Slim-Fast Optima® Shakes (ready to drink) — Isagenix has twice the protein and less fat and sugar.
* Slim-Fast Optima® Shakes (powders) —Isagenix has 10x more protein and more dietary fiber.
* Slim-Fast Original Shakes — Isagenix has twice the protein, less sodium and carbohydrates, half the sugar and more dietary fiber.
* GNC Lean Shake™ — Isagenix has nearly 3x the protein, less sodium and carbohydrates.
* Myoplex® Original — Isagenix has less calories, cholesterol and sodium and twice the dietary fiber.
* Myoplex® Lite and Deluxe — Isagenix has half the sodium and more dietary fiber.