4 Week Work Out Program

Exercising is like marriage...
You've got to spice things up to maintain the passion.


I've been diligently working on a new 4 week work out program as part of the 52 Weeks of Balance Project. You can add these pages into your Wanna Be Balanced Planner.

This program is all about mixing things up to prevent boredom and to keep your body guessing which is ideal for maximum results.

Are you at the point where you feel like nothing's working for you? No matter what you do, that muffin top remains. I hear ya girl friends. It's called, LIFE AFTER KIDS.

Don't give up hope though, there is a way. I'm going to share exactly what I do to keep my weight in check. Although I won't exactly be joining in now that I'm with child. I'll be there cheering you on while stuffing my face with carbs on top of carbs, yum :) Now's my chance to eat what I want right?  I'm trying not to go over board because I tend to think I'm literally eating for two. We like to say that don't we, but we all know it only takes an extra 300 calories to keep that baby growing healthy and strong.

Let's just pretend we didn't hear that okay?

I'm eating for two and I don't care what you say!!!

These four week's we'll be incorporating MIND BODY and SOUL to keep us feeling energized and balanced as we get our bodies back to where they were meant to be.

It's no secret that diet plays  a major role in getting the kinds of results you're looking for. So for the next 4 weeks, try replacing breakfast with an Isagenix meal replacement shake, for lunch, you should eat a 400-600 calorie meal (use google for ideas), and for dinner have a small portion of what ever you're making for the family. I don't think it's necessary to eat perfectly ALL day. Enjoy a nice yummy meal with your family, just don't over do it. Try using a smaller plate to trick your mind into thinking you've got a full plate.

Here's week one!

                                        Click HERE to print.

Just so you know, I'm fully qualified to give you fitness advice. Seriously, I used to be an aerobics instructor ya know...

Well, not legally, but I was.

Let me just tell you that story real quick.

I was about 20 years old, living in Hawaii with my mom. We were living in a small town called Hilo, population- 40,000. Fitness has always been a major priority in my life. I'm not one to work out more than 30-40 min. on average, but I do make it a part of my daily routine. So anyway, I found the nearest gym and first thing I thought was, I wonder if I could get a job here and get a free membership.
So I asked the person at the front desk (which just so happened to be the owner) if they were hiring. It went a little like this...

Owner:  Well yes we are, but we need an aerobics instructor, can you teach aerobics?

Me:  Um yah... I mean, I'm not certified or anything, but I've been to enough aerobics classes to know how to teach one.

Owner:  Okay, come in tomorrow and show us your routine.

Me:  Uh, okay... ya... um, sure sure I can do that. Great, thanks... see you tomorrow.

I walked away thinking, WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST DO?

I was excited but felt major pressure to come up with a good routine. I worked all night on it, wrote it down and practiced it over and over.

I came back the next day for the "audition" I guess you'd call it. Did my routine in front of all the other instructors and was totally embarrassed because I really had know idea what I was doing.

Well, I got the job and taught my class 3 times a week for 4 months (then I left on my mission). Is there anything better than getting paid to work out?

Um no...

Someday I'll tell you about when I was an aerobics instructor on my MISSION. Yes, I'm being serious, but I'll have to save that story for another day.

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

13 comments:

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Girl this plan is fun and your aerobics teaching history hilarious ;)!

Mom+Girls said...

you are great! I wish I could just do it...I did P90X for a 1 1/2 months and love it, but now, I am all lazy and not energy to even take care of my self...it is life after kids for sure! I would love to take a class from you, hopefully one day I will take some classes! Thank you so much!!

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Thanks for putting that together and sharing! Great story about getting the job.

My friends and I have decided that we will be accountable to each other about how much exercise we are doing and what we are eating. Then we'll treat ourselves to a girls night out.

CK said...

I LOVE that story!!!! Hahaha! I've always wondered what it would be like to be an instructer of aerobics... maybe I should "try out" some time ;) hahaha!

Heather said...

I've been back into the swing of things for the past two weeks and I feel so much better! Great plan-and that story is too funny! Eat up for two! I won't tell:-)

Trish. said...

Can't wait to hear the mission story! lol!

Annie said...

Thank you soooooo much for creating a plan that is so reasonable and I that I understand! I hate when I get excited about an exercise plan, then take one look at it, and I don't know what half of the exercise moves are, etc, or it seems so hard that it's ridiculous! I just printed this, and I'm so excited! Except does a shower work in place of a sauna or team room?? ;)

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

Wait what you are expecting? I've been out of town and need to catch up!!! Great workout routine I'll have to try it!

Liz Mays said...

Must be so nice to have all that experience to pull from when creating your own fitness plans!

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Great story! I'll bet you were a fabulous teacher.

I like your workout routine too--it actually looks manageable for my lazy self :)

Enjoy your carbs!

Verena said...

This is nice! Thanks for sharing your tips! I need to work out more often. I was sick for so long now that I´m looking forward to work out again.
You were a aerobic instructor on your Mission? I want to hear that story! I always went to Deseret Gym in downtown SL while I was on my Mission. (It was scary sometimes...)

Unknown said...

You are so funny!! Fake it till you make it, right?

Carma Sez said...

getting paid to workout would be so awesome!! I do it most every day - but for no pay :-(

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...