Conversations With a 5 Year Old

Do you ever have those days where you feel like you're on a debate team? Except you're not really on a team, you're on a desolate island left to fend for yourself with a vicious 5 year old as your opponent.

5 year old DAUGHTER might I add.

Lately everything I say to my daughter turns into a two hour argument which in the end leaves me throwing fits and saying things like:

"Uh huh"

"No I'm not"

"Ya huh... I think I know what I'm talking about... I AM a mom ya know"

"I'm telling daddy"

"SEEAAAAANNNNN, Lily's not listening to me"

Once I run out of all my ingenious rebuttals, I tastefully complete the dispute by sticking out my tongue.

Then she say's things like:

"MOM!!! You have to be nice to your childrenS   or Santa won't bring you ANY toys"

"If you don't let me watch a movie then I'm not EVER going to brush my teeth again!!!"

Then Sean say's:

"GIRLS!  Stop fighting right now or you're both going to time out!!!"

*sigh*

I think I DO need a time out.

Okay, now you HAVE to watch this video.  I'm serious!  No no, I'm REALLY serious!!! Watch it okay.

17 comments:

Middle-aged Mormon Man said...

That is hysterical. Just wait until she is 15 - You are in so much trouble! (The voice of experience)

Really nice blog. I'm not big on swimwear and accessories, but the rest is really enjoyable.

I was referred over by Melissa (Glamazon Mom)

Elena said...

I wish you lived closer to me because she and my 5 year old, Kate, would be the BEST of friends. Or maybe they'd be enemies. I could hear every word coming out of Kate's mouth. These sassy little things, they're going to be amazing women some day. So funny.

Kristina P. said...

She is sassy!!

Magic Princess said...

Oh my goodness, she is so CUTE!

I watched my 3 yr old nephew for five days (I was a rent-a-mom while his parents were out of town), and he was exactly the same.

I nick-named him the "little know-it-all" always telling why his 10 month old sister was crying is because she "didn't like me" and telling me what to do. *Sigh*

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Oh my goodness crystal soooooo cute!! Her and addison are just alike- lol!!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Oh, but she's so cute. I'm serious!

Lindsay said...

Love it! Girls have such little attitudes, right? My 18 months old is already giving me sass! Your daughter is a doll. So funny she already loves Hannah Montana, my 18 month old already loves Taylor Swift and whines until I turn in on it the car!

Lilibeth MacLean said...

Crystal, you had me laughing so hard with this one! I am in the same boat a lot of times! Thanks for brightening up my day!

Unknown said...

She is so cute & sassy :) good luck!

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

Ok, I totally had to laugh. I know it's probably not funny when you're actually faced with this kind of sass, but seriously! She's so cute and insistent. Too much!

Also? Mine is only 16 months but I know you've been stopping by my blog and I'm betting you're nodding your head in memories. Mine is gonna be a sassy pants FOR SURE!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Wa....we are not SUPPOSED to have these conversations!? Corey has been breaking the boys and I up since they were old enough to talk!

Megan said...

Hahaha...this totally made me laugh!! Bless your heart! That video is too funny. : ) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Liz Mays said...

She is too much! You're butting heads at age 5, so I can only imagine what's in store for you during the teen years. LOL!!!

Heather said...

I feel like this sometimes already with Christian (and he's only 18 months!!)! She is so cute though!

Joby, Julie, Cru and Sage said...

Ha! I love that! I wonder if thats a girl thing. I already feel like my little girl is super sassy and shes only 9 months

Verena said...

Lily is so cute! You know, my husband is most of the time calling me when the kids aren´t listening.

Candace @ Candace Creations said...

what a cutie! I feel like I'm getting there with Jordan, she just turned 4 and now is so mature and so expressive, telling me things in such an exasperated way like I have no clue of the obvious. lol.

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...