The other day as I was getting ready, my daughter comes in and begins playing with the doughy stretched out skin that is now covering the, once upon a time, descent looking abs. She was like, "it's squishy mom, why is it like that", hmmm, don't ya just LOVE kids.
"Well, honey, this is what happens to skin after you have a baby in your tummy", she was like, "oh, I don't want my tummy to look like THAT"......ha, well neither do I :)
The price we pay. (sigh)
Well, she did bring to my attention that I've been neglecting that particular area of my body,
and it's beginning to show. I gained almost 50 lbs with this baby. I'm now at the weight I want to be (thanks to cleansing), but have not done much to build up my abs since giving birth. I do need to tighten up a bit in other area's as well. So I'm back to my bootcamp workouts instead of the lazy 30 min. walk on the treadmill I've been doing these days. I'm a new fan of Blair's McFatty Monday's. So, I thought today would be a great day to talk about my "mcfatty" abs :)
I tend to get bored easily when it comes to working out, so here is my routine full of multi-tasking. I'm all about getting as much done as possible, even when I work out.
- 10 min. run or walk on Treadmill ( I don't run much anymore these days, so I usually walk fast on an incline) and read one chapter of my book.
- Work 2 different muscle groups ( I pick the ones that feel most flabby for me, example, yesterday I started with my glutes and inner thighs) 3 sets of 12-15 on each while listening to my work out music.
- 10 min. on the Elliptacle ( I try to get the most out of the ten min. so I increase the intensity quite a bit so I get a good sweat on). While doing this I listen to something spiritual, motivation, or educational. I love downloading audiobooks to my ipod.
- Work another 2 muscle groups, example: Biceps and triceps 3 sets of 12-15 each./Listen to my work out music
- 10 min. on the Stair Climber (play around on my phone, texting, emailing, Facebook, Twitter, blogging, planning out my week and adding things into my calender)
- Do some MAJOR abs, for now I feel some urgency to get my abs into shape, planning a cruise soon, and would like it if I didn't have a pot belly. Do it till it burns, so the next day you're sore :)
- 10 min. on the rower or bike/ listen to my FAVORITE up beat songs. Below are a few of my favorites.
Boom Boom Pow
Technologic Draft Punk
Sandstorm Tunnel Alliance
Jai Ho! Pussycat dolls
This is my way of strengthening MIND, BODY & SOUL, all in about an hour. I LOVE it, goes by fast, and I feel incredible when I'm done.
And I'm not afraid to admit that I wear these body shaper cami's DAILY.
When people say I look good for just having a baby, I immediately say, "oh, I'm wearing a body shaper", my husband laughs at me, and say's, "why do you always feel as though you HAVE to disclose that"? LOL, I don't know... I guess I just feel like I can't take credit for it unless it's real :)
Let's face it, no matter how much weight you lose after baby, you'll most likely always have that muffin top, and that's never a pretty sight. I like the feeling of being held in, and not feeling the skin jiggle when I walk. I used to wear SPANX, but they are SO uncomfortable, not to mention, impossible to get in and out of. Found myself NOT drinking water just to avoid having to go to the bathroom.
I really love these cami's, I get them at Target, or you can find them HERE for $20.