Salads for the week


For those of you who are trying to eat healthier for the New Year, so in other words, everyone :) I wanted to share with you how I keep my calories down without spending a lot of money, or investing a lot of time. First of all, as you all know, I have my usual Isagenix protein shake every morning, which I LOVE. Then for lunch, try to have salads as much as possible. I don't like the store bought bags of salad, they have a weird taste to them, and seem to go bad really fast. I like everything fresh, and I know it's hard to prepare a fresh salad everyday as busy as we all are.


So what I do, is chop all the veggies the day I buy them, which saves time throughout the rest of the week. I love lots of veggies on my salad, iceberg lettuce I know isn't the healthiest, but I like how it's crispier. The greener, the better, so I get the nice green lettuce to add to it, plus add spinach. I also buy the already chopped carrots, so that makes it a little easier, and carrots, last forever. I love purple cabbage so I chop up a bunch of this to sprinkle over the top. Avocado's are yummy, and full of protien.


My sister taught me to put a dry papertowell in with the lettuce and it helps it to stay more fresh. It really works too!

Now I have a fresh salad I can easily through together, and will last me the whole week!


Here is a dear friend of mine Cheri, who has some amazing weighloss goals for the year. She has created a blog to track and share her progress. I was hoping you could all follow her blog, and offer her support as she continues her journey to happiness
She has just had her first weigh in and her results are awesome!!! Go check out her blog, and leave her some comments of support!

Crystal,
I just wanted to tell you that after my 9 day I am 16 lbs lighter, 10" over all inches gone, sleeping well, and waking up with clarity for the 1st time in years, Thank you!
Cheri


We will also be following Sally (the winner of the 9 day cleanse), as she begins her program next week.

What are some of your tips and tricks????? Please do share with us!

6 comments:

Mills Medley said...

Oh I love salads!!! I like to get a little protein on mine so I'll cook or grill some chicken breasts and put them in a baggy as well :)

it's frustrating to try and lose baby weight because I shouldn't diet the way I want to while nursing but thanks for reminding me about how to do quick little meals that are good for u

My Personal Journey said...

Crystal, Thank you!! You are so precious! Your support as always means so much to me.
I love the ay you do your salads and today I am going to the store, grab all the fixing's and do exactly what you said, what a quick and great idea!! I love you blog, and I love you!
Cheri

Cassie said...

That is a great idea for salads! Thank you for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower...I am following you now too!

MrsKBJ said...

Hi Crystal,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello! I will add your blog to my blog list. I love mom blogs :O) I am looking foward to losing the rest of my baby weight! I am having such a hard time losing 20 lbs. So I am looking forward to reading your tips! I also love being organized! I think we are going to be good blog buddies! :O)
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my blog on my SITS day, I really appreciated it and now I'm here to spread the comment-love!

Iva Messy said...

I love salads!! I always have a huge one for lunch, but I have to have some tuna, chicken or steak with it ;)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...